On May 20th PokerKing made a global software update. Worth noting, that in April official representatives of the room said that the update was planned no earlier than summer, but the transition to a new version of the client took place at the end of May. Even though the update has happened quite recently, we can already note some pros and cons of the new software. This is exactly what we are going to do today.
New mini-tables were added to the new software, which is definitely a big plus for multi-tablers. Mini-tables have a standard size, handy fonts and nice decks. Player’s actions during the hand are highlighted in blue color.
Adding fast poker called «Blitz Poker»
In recent years, fast poker has become very popular, and now it is represented in many poker rooms. Fast poker called «Blitz Poker» was added to PokerKing in the latest software update.
Currently, only 3 stakes are available: NL2, NL10 and NL25. In the future there will be more limits available. The game runs in a 6-max format.
Disadvantages of the new software
At the moment, we are aware of the following problems that appeared after the update:
- All notes are lost;
- Progress in the loyalty system is temporarily not displayed, however, according to representatives of the room, it is recorded and will be taken into account during the next update;
- Leaderboards of weekly races are temporarily unavailable;
- «Blitz Poker», most SNGs and MTTs are temporarily unavailable due to client bugs.
Third-party software support in the new client
In many poker rooms third-party software often stops working after software updates. PokerKing didn’t avoid this problem after the latest update:
- The developers of popular trackers (HM2, H2N and PT4) have promised to release updates within 1-2 weeks, after which the trackers and HUDs should work;
- The developers of WPN Tools Lite (allows you to: display stacks and pots in big blinds, use hotkeys, change the location of the tables, configure betsizing, etc.) plan to release an update in June;
- There will most likely not be any layouts for the new software, since the graphic files of the new software are encoded.
The appearance of bugs after updating the software is a completely normal process and definitely not a reason to panic or leave the room. We are sure that with the following updates, most of the problems of the new PokerKing client will be fixed, and players will be able to enjoy the new full-featured and functional software. In the meantime, why don’t you take a closer look at the terms of our rakeback deal at PokerKing.
Rakeback and bonuses at PokerKing with the PokerProDeals affiliate program
PokerKing offers the following bonuses for new players:
- a first deposit bonus of 100% up to $777;
- a free cash gift of up to $50 (to get it – you need to contact the support via live chat on the site right after the first deposit).
Additionally, PokerKing offers a great reload bonus of 25% for every deposit made before January 1st of 2020. The bonus amount ranges from $5 to $200. Thus, to get the maximum bonus – you need to make a deposit of $800. The bonus is paid in chunks of $2 for every 135 Status Points and it gives approximately 9-10% of rakeback. You will have 60 days to clear the bonus.
The loyalty program called «PokerKing Royal Club» has 5 levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, King). The highest VIP-level (King) provides a 40% rakeback. To obtain it, you need to pay a little more than $3 000 of rake per month, and to maintain it you need to pay a little more than $1 500 of rake every month.
PokerKing has a weekly leaderboard called «King’s Treasured», participation in which gives you about a 20-30% rakeback.
If you play at PokerKing with the PokerProDeals affiliate program, your rakeback can reach 70%.